Narrowboat Tacet

Silent Movement - Our gap year travelling the inland waterways



Tuesday 24 July 2012

A New Look

Over the last week or so we have been spotting the logo for the new look Canal & River Trust who have taken over from British Waterways.  In places where the general public are to be found and not just boaters, stickers have been placed over the old BW signs.
 The sticky labellers had been out in Skipton, Saltaire and Leeds, but in between the old signs remain.  I wonder how long it will be before this one high up on the Stanley Ferry workshop building gets changed?

Passing into a new decade, I thougt it was time for a new look myself too.
 In the Leeds Market we found a hairdressers, with none of the usual fuss and bother, no appointments, no inane chatter, just walk in, sit down, say "I would like something different, what do you feel like doing?" And this was the result.....

                                                                                                                   ....and for just £6!

4 comments:

  1. I had a haircut in Chester today £4.50, but then again I am virtually bald....No1 skinhead!
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following your blog with interest as we will be heading westwards on the Leeds and Liverpool next week.

    Where are you heading after Leeds?


    Regards
    Linda Gifford-Hull

    NB Mary H

    http://andmilliemakesthree.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, we are now on our way to the Huddersfield Narrow and so back over the Pennines that way.

      Delete
  3. The new hairstyle is lovely. It really suits you :)

    I'm not so happy about the loss of the BW signs, which I find simple but attractive.

    ReplyDelete